The SNAME Offshore Symposium offers both undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to present their research or student projects as a way for students to be more involved in SNAME while gaining exposure to the offshore industry in the Houston area.
Why should you present at the Symposium?
- Practice and refine your public presentation skills. This poster event is informal and a good chance to present one and one with industry professionals in a low stress environment.
- Network and start building relationships with offshore industry professionals
- Attend technical sessions and learn about the latest trends and technology in the offshore industry
- Interact with the authors and speakers
What benefits does the Symposium offer students who present posters?
- Complimentary registration (up to 3 members per poster)
- Poster will be digitally presented and made available to the symposium attendees
- Chance to win in the tech gadgets raffle (iPad and more)
How does it work?
- Sign up to present your content with the SNAME Offshore symposium, contact email@example.com
- Confirm attendance and poster topic.
- Create and submit your poster.
- Attend at the symposium to participate in the student program
- The rest of the symposium you are welcome to attend the opening panel discussion, technical sessions and keynote presentation
Which Topic can I present on?
The symposium covers a range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Hydrodynamics / CFD
- Structural Analysis
- Design of Floating Structures
- Integrity Management / Big Data
- Moorings, Flowlines and Risers
- Ocean and Subsea Engineering
- Renewable Energy
The poster template can be found here
If you are interested in presenting your content or have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org